We want to help every person take the next step in following Jesus through intentional biblical community.
The Way of a Disciple
A disciple is "someone who is growing in their dependence on and devotion to Jesus." Disciples never stop needing to grow. But how do we know if we are growing and where we need to keep growing? We need the Lord, working through the Holy Spirit, his word, and his church, to reveal where and how he wants us to grow. We want to be purposeful in our discipleship as the Lord reveals his purposes for us.
After much prayer and study, we have identified 7 growth points that can help us visualize where we all might find ourselves on "The (path)WAY" of a disciple. We have also designed a tool called "The (path)WAY Self-Assessment" to help each person identify what growth steps they can take next with the support of biblical community. We hope that this tool will be able you identify ways that you are growing, can pursue more growth, or are stuck in your growth. If want to pursue purposeful discipleship with us, we would invite you to take the assessment by clicking the link below.
This class is designed to include all ages including everyone who attends Oak Hill Fellowship Church, as we pursue intentional discipleship, utilizing The New City Catechism Curriculum. We have this set up in two parts:
1. LARGE GROUP INTRODUCTION & ACTIVITIES -- A family (or pair of families) leads the first half hour for the entire large group to introduce the New City Catechism question, answer, and Scripture passage, helping us learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith.
2. SAME-AGE DISCUSSION GROUPS -- During the second half hour, participants will break up into same-age discussion groups to review the point made in the Large Group Time and to discuss personal application. This time is structured with a teacher facilitating small group questions moving students towards more personal application.
You can find plenty of New City Catechism Resources, including an app, on their website. These are just a few of the ways we seek to support and equip THE FAMILY as the primary disciple-makers of our students!
Join the Digital Library
1. Join Harford County Public Library: Complete this quick form and receive your digital library card immediately.
2. Download Hoopla on your device. Hoopla is a mobile library giving you access to a large selection of titles.
3. Add your HCPL Card # on your Hoopla App to instantly stream or temporarily download up to 10 titles every month for free with your Harford County Public Library Card.